Autism Assistance Dog - good idea or not so?

Okay, i live alone with 5 animals - a 2 year old cat, a 4 year old Pygmy hedgehog, a 8 week old pygmy hedgehog, 6 year old husky and a 6 month old labradoodle. 

My cat has allergic reactions to different things - but she loves a cuddle, treats and my husky. My cat, Riley, is amazing and so loving Cat

My 4 year old hedgehog is my grumpy boy, Griffin, who loves his bath and being talked too. Not really a cuddly hedgehog but a cute one  

My 8 week old Pygmy hedgehog I picked up yesterday, she is also a grumpy girl at the minute - quite stressed but everything is new to her. She is my little Raven  

Penelope is my loyal 6 year old husky who ive visited since she was 3 weeks old and ive had her from 8 weeks. She is my beautiful girl that i love soo much. She is my star in everything she does and makes me smile everyday. Although stubborn she is well behaved and does things to support me Wolf 

Last but not least Tara or Santara my younger pup who is 6 months old, she is a black labradoodle F3 so she has curly fur. She is a monkey - chewing everything at the minute, still in her puppy phase and enjoying it haha. But she is getting there with training, shes even noticing things to do before i even teach her which is amazing! Dog 

Even though i have all these pets, all of them having different personalities and quirks. I’ve been wanting to go to the idea of an assistance dog in training. I tried with my husky and although she knows some tasks, she is quite stubborn and does the task when she feels like it. I love her so much but with her stubbornness and age I didn’t want to push her. So i decided to get a puppy. Tara is my labradoodle who is full of energy and needs that attention to release her energy. But i dont know if it’s the right thing. I would love to work with Tara and train her with a trainer to become my autism assistance dog, but i also work in a nursery - will that be problematic? I just love the idea of training her and helping her find a purpose. Penelope’s is my star who is my loyal girl, Tara is my dream with her cuddles and thinking skills. 

I just dont know how to go about it… 

if you have an autism assistance dog could you please comment? Or if you dont and have ideas comment too.

I have severe anxiety too so overthinking is what i do or is that apart of autism too, im newly diagnosed and finding new things about me each day. Having that extra help from my dog would be amazing, wonderful and a miracle for me. Especially with my other symptoms of other things too - need to see doctor about - im all over the place but thank you for reading… 

Parents
  • I have a 1 year old Rottie that I've been thinking about making a service dog.  I feel so safe at home now, that I leave the blinds open even when I'm gone.  I think having her with me in crowds would help me get out into public spaces more since I would feel safer.  I have two concerns though.  One is having to argue with a therapist for paperwork because in my experience, they like to act like guardians of the American Disabilities Act and typically only support service dogs for those with severe physical disabilities and also happen to get along with the therapist.  The other is that too many people would come up to me to talk about her rather than let me enjoy the moment.  Maybe I could get a service dog vest that says, "Don't ask about me unless we're friends," or, "Leave my dad alone." lol

• I have a 1 year old Rottie that I've been thinking about making a service dog.  I feel so safe at home now, that I leave the blinds open even when I'm gone.  I think having her with me in crowds would help me get out into public spaces more since I would feel safer.  I have two concerns though.  One is having to argue with a therapist for paperwork because in my experience, they like to act like guardians of the American Disabilities Act and typically only support service dogs for those with severe physical disabilities and also happen to get along with the therapist.  The other is that too many people would come up to me to talk about her rather than let me enjoy the moment.  Maybe I could get a service dog vest that says, "Don't ask about me unless we're friends," or, "Leave my dad alone." lol

Children