Spectral within a Spectrum

This is likely a current awareness within our group,but here it is anyway. Our Spectral Disorder is also spectral culturally. Yesterday I attended a Zoom meeting with AANE  autistic

members spread accross the USA. In my 50 years of UK residence I learned at an early stage how all Americans are "tarred with the same brush". This is only partially true owing to the cultural

diversities between the west, midwest, south, north, and east coast spanning an area of 9,831,510 km² (four million mi²).  I can understand the difficulty in grasping an understanding of this

diversity within one country, especially so for a country fragmented  by 50 states each with its own educational system. During my Zoom attendence I was astonished at the talents of this

Spectral group and how they overcame, or dealt with social obstacles we either place upon ourselves, or have experienced. 

If anyone out there is interested in connecting and sharing with American autistics diversity you can do so via this website below.--- it may be an education to join this community as I have

with joining NAS.

http://www.aane.org/   (Asperger/Autism Network)

P.S   I appologise for the poor formattig

Parents
  • My Spectral Differences are not a disorder;)  Classically speaking, no psych-analyst would have ever suggested there is a normal.  Jung created they Archetypes to help prove not so nuances differences. The more I read these volumes of historical accounts helping individuals just merge into society, the more I’m aware these chaos had no problem with Autistic Traits, such as not dulling the senses or hyper focus. And if someone couldn’t tie their shoes 100 years ago, they just bought them shoes not in need of tying. 

Rather society has changed in incredibly dark ways. I grew up in the US and I’d rather never go back. Having been between the UK and US since I was a teenager, one gets a better perspective on things. 

Reading was only introduced to the masses a few hundred years ago, what makes us think the human brain was designed for it? This is the same for many things we might feel are “normal”. 

I feel horrible for undiagnosed Autistics in the States. I cannot tell you how many times I tried to speak with a therapist about difficulty but they dismissed me saying I was incredibly smart so should be able to figure it out. Thankfully now I understand that’s not how the brain works! There are lobes responsible for social interaction and ones responsible for other calculations and potentially, the only way a NT can tap into how we think and reason is with Psilocybin. It doesn’t last, but for a moment it activates the extra-ordinary way we use our brain to process and I believe there is an evolutionary reason for this! X

• My Spectral Differences are not a disorder;)  Classically speaking, no psych-analyst would have ever suggested there is a normal.  Jung created they Archetypes to help prove not so nuances differences. The more I read these volumes of historical accounts helping individuals just merge into society, the more I’m aware these chaos had no problem with Autistic Traits, such as not dulling the senses or hyper focus. And if someone couldn’t tie their shoes 100 years ago, they just bought them shoes not in need of tying. 

Rather society has changed in incredibly dark ways. I grew up in the US and I’d rather never go back. Having been between the UK and US since I was a teenager, one gets a better perspective on things. 

Reading was only introduced to the masses a few hundred years ago, what makes us think the human brain was designed for it? This is the same for many things we might feel are “normal”. 

I feel horrible for undiagnosed Autistics in the States. I cannot tell you how many times I tried to speak with a therapist about difficulty but they dismissed me saying I was incredibly smart so should be able to figure it out. Thankfully now I understand that’s not how the brain works! There are lobes responsible for social interaction and ones responsible for other calculations and potentially, the only way a NT can tap into how we think and reason is with Psilocybin. It doesn’t last, but for a moment it activates the extra-ordinary way we use our brain to process and I believe there is an evolutionary reason for this! X

Children
No Data