Cancelling plans last minute due to fear of social aspect

Hi, recently to many people in my life (my boyfriend, my two closest friends etc, work) I just keep cancelling so last minute because i just think of how exhausting it is having to be around people and mask. It will always be after i’ve talking about it and said i will for like a week, and then finally when it comes down to having to get ready and leave I just feel frozen. 

This makes me feel so bad because i keep disappointing people, just wondering what people here think about it? 

Should i start trying to go anyway or is it a better idea to avoid the situations that i know stress me out? 

Also, does anyone have any tips particularly for female masking - have you ever tried to not mask? What happened? 

Parents
  • I do this on a regular basis and have done it today. I always end up overthinking about it asking myself "am I really that bad a person?" and "why can't I just be understood?".

Why I don't have many friends because I make plans but then when it comes round, I get really anxious and fatigued. I suffer from Anxiety and Depression anyway, and it just gets heightened. 

There is one friend who understands my Autism, but after today I'm asking myself, does she really? 

• I do this on a regular basis and have done it today. I always end up overthinking about it asking myself "am I really that bad a person?" and "why can't I just be understood?".

Why I don't have many friends because I make plans but then when it comes round, I get really anxious and fatigued. I suffer from Anxiety and Depression anyway, and it just gets heightened. 

There is one friend who understands my Autism, but after today I'm asking myself, does she really? 

Children
No Data