Disclosing autism to the boss?

Can anyone help or reassure me? At a work meeting I had a full on melt down in front of my line manager. I'm not diagnosed with autism but have been referred for assessment by my GP. It will take months, if not a year to get a first appointment.  During the meeting I told my line manager that I was waiting for an ASD assessment, but now I'm worried that I shouldn't have said anything. I was so distressed that I kind of blurted out everything and now I don't know whether that was a mistake? 

Parents
  • If they're a good boss they'll either understand or want to learn more so that they can.  My manager knew I was going through the process and subsequently my diagnosis - my colleagues have been very supportive.  If they weren't I'd be looking elsewhere, which I know isn't always easy.  Even without a diagnosis, you can look at reasonable adjustments - I was too afraid to ask, to be fair I already explained a number of things or ways I needed to work to be effective. 

Hope it works out!

• If they're a good boss they'll either understand or want to learn more so that they can.  My manager knew I was going through the process and subsequently my diagnosis - my colleagues have been very supportive.  If they weren't I'd be looking elsewhere, which I know isn't always easy.  Even without a diagnosis, you can look at reasonable adjustments - I was too afraid to ask, to be fair I already explained a number of things or ways I needed to work to be effective. 

Hope it works out!

Children