An identi-kit online autistic person?

Middle aged

Is highly adept at masking. Which he/she/non binary etc has done for many years

IQ- at least 140, degree or PhD level  academic qualification,

Sees being an autistic person as far more a gift than a  deficit

Progresses quickly from non diagnosed to expert with lived experience

Parents
  • I became pension age in January, so can't really say that I'm middle aged. I don't believe I've ever consciously masked. I did an IQ test at Felsted, when I was 15, but was never told the result . I was hospitalised for the 1st time at the start of my 'A level' term. Due to 'bullying related trauma ' I've been very avoidant re pursuing further education. The exception being a short lived attempt at a history A level correspondence course in 1975-76. Hence I only have 6 O levels I don't have dyscalculia , but I have always been poor at geometry.

I am part of the FB 'high IQ' community. I like quizzes and tests from playbuzz 'fluff' to high range tests. Yes there can be a 'practice effect' especially with 3x3 matrix. 

Being an autistic and schizophrenic person hasn't been a 'gift' for me, as it resulted in 'social drift' , and never having a paid job. I fell between 2 stools employment  wise. Poor manual skills that me unsuitable for a blue collar' type job on one hand. On the other hand not up to coping with the pressure and stress of a high powered professional job.

My father,who's 92, was a diplomat, with a fairly successful career. Successful enough for a 'Who' who' entry. Hence  my upbringing was solidly middle class including being educated at prep and public school. Neither of which I was suited for.

I'm definitely not the 5th one.

• I became pension age in January, so can't really say that I'm middle aged. I don't believe I've ever consciously masked. I did an IQ test at Felsted, when I was 15, but was never told the result . I was hospitalised for the 1st time at the start of my 'A level' term. Due to 'bullying related trauma ' I've been very avoidant re pursuing further education. The exception being a short lived attempt at a history A level correspondence course in 1975-76. Hence I only have 6 O levels I don't have dyscalculia , but I have always been poor at geometry.

I am part of the FB 'high IQ' community. I like quizzes and tests from playbuzz 'fluff' to high range tests. Yes there can be a 'practice effect' especially with 3x3 matrix. 

Being an autistic and schizophrenic person hasn't been a 'gift' for me, as it resulted in 'social drift' , and never having a paid job. I fell between 2 stools employment  wise. Poor manual skills that me unsuitable for a blue collar' type job on one hand. On the other hand not up to coping with the pressure and stress of a high powered professional job.

My father,who's 92, was a diplomat, with a fairly successful career. Successful enough for a 'Who' who' entry. Hence  my upbringing was solidly middle class including being educated at prep and public school. Neither of which I was suited for.

I'm definitely not the 5th one.

Children
No Data