Assessment unclear outcome

Afternoon all,

I've recently had my assessment feedback which said the ADOS (the assessor observing me now) suggested I met the criteria for autism. However the ADI (the assessor speaking to other people about me) said I didn't meet the threshold because I have no close friends or family that can provide the required info on observations of others now or as a child.

They said it didn't really matter as they'd just recommend therapy whether I'm autistic or not. To me, understanding the root cause of my problems is really important and now I just feel a bit of a fraud.

Has anyone else had this and what did you do about it?

Thank you :-)

Parents
  • Hi have not time to go into detail at the moment but some assessments or assessors require an informant others not so. I had a disco assessment. The assessor wanted an informant. I was informed by someone else who had a disco assessment that an informant was not required with a disco assessment. I discovered that the assessor wanted and informant it seems as part of their training so I went along with it. There has been other stuff I have read that it is recognised that some people do not have an informant which in some cases is do do with age but should not go against verification of a diagnosis. Don’t feel like a fraud. As long as there are enough verifications you are genuine. 

• Hi have not time to go into detail at the moment but some assessments or assessors require an informant others not so. I had a disco assessment. The assessor wanted an informant. I was informed by someone else who had a disco assessment that an informant was not required with a disco assessment. I discovered that the assessor wanted and informant it seems as part of their training so I went along with it. There has been other stuff I have read that it is recognised that some people do not have an informant which in some cases is do do with age but should not go against verification of a diagnosis. Don’t feel like a fraud. As long as there are enough verifications you are genuine. 

Children
No Data