After Full Time Education

My daughter has PDA and learning difficulties. She is leaving college this summer but I have no idea what happens next, or what direction I could encourage her to go in. I would be very interested to hear about other people's experiences / suggestions.

Parents
  • Hey,

Does your daughter’s college not have a careers service, or staff allocated to helping support students decide their next steps? Even if they don’t have that service directly, I would have thought they have a duty of care to help your daughter access these local services, especially given the potential extra challenges she faces. 

Hopefully someone with some direct experience of this will be able to offer advice as well. 

• Hey,

Does your daughter’s college not have a careers service, or staff allocated to helping support students decide their next steps? Even if they don’t have that service directly, I would have thought they have a duty of care to help your daughter access these local services, especially given the potential extra challenges she faces. 

Hopefully someone with some direct experience of this will be able to offer advice as well. 

Children
No Data