Making Quick decisions

This was prompted by a post on another thread. If I am on a work course, interview or social activity where I have to think about an example of something I have done in the past on a particular theme my brain goes into panic mode. If I have time to think over a period of time I can think of something. I can remember sitting in groups where you have to introduce yourself and I miss what everyone else says as I am thinking it will get to me soon.

Does anyone else find this?

Parents
  • yeah. even NTs and i think this is where their social skills and improvisation and quick social skills of NTs come in, where as with us wed likely just stay silent, maybe think in our head, maybe give up and decide its not worth answering as a legit thoughtful response cannot be generated without thought and thought requires time... blurting anything out right away isnt legit thought, true though you think, take time, come up with hings, revise it in your head, plan how you will put it, replan it, rethink it and maybe scrap it, replan it again, say it over in your head... yeah this takes ages to get a proper thoughtful answer but they are looking for on the spot instant social skills to just improvise and blurt any unthinking thing out, which i think is pretty shallow and seems to want fake shallow responses.

i can speak well on things i have always scripted in the past myself. perhaps this is one thing you can think beforehand and script if you know they will always come out with this stuff.

• yeah. even NTs and i think this is where their social skills and improvisation and quick social skills of NTs come in, where as with us wed likely just stay silent, maybe think in our head, maybe give up and decide its not worth answering as a legit thoughtful response cannot be generated without thought and thought requires time... blurting anything out right away isnt legit thought, true though you think, take time, come up with hings, revise it in your head, plan how you will put it, replan it, rethink it and maybe scrap it, replan it again, say it over in your head... yeah this takes ages to get a proper thoughtful answer but they are looking for on the spot instant social skills to just improvise and blurt any unthinking thing out, which i think is pretty shallow and seems to want fake shallow responses.

i can speak well on things i have always scripted in the past myself. perhaps this is one thing you can think beforehand and script if you know they will always come out with this stuff.

Children