Autism assessment with moderately high IQ

Not sure how to ask this without sounding like a complete *** ... so I'll just ask it...

I am waiting for my autism assessment (I already know I am) and am wondering if there is such a thing as someone who specializes in assessing hi IQ people. (I have done a few IQ tests but the one I generally quote is the ed-psych administered wechsler test i did when i was being assessed for dyslexia in school - 132 ... and yes, i am).

My concern is that, on a good day, i am great at masking (as far as I can tell i suppose). I can be articulate, polite, friendly and funny.

I have to think that the way I will present is vastly different to someone without the good fortune to have an IQ like mine.

I score VERY high on the autism tests and show many of the autism traits ... but I have masked so long, I don't know how to turn it off.

from my research, it is a concerned shared by many; "how will they see past the mask?".

So there are two questions;

1. are there people who specialize in assessing people like me?

2. What is the advice on helping people see past the mask?

Any advice would be gratefully received. ... and please feel free to call me a ***! :-)

Parents
  • i dunno i dont believe in iq.... to me a high iq just means your really good at maths...because literally all that seems to be on iq tests is a constant barage of complicated maths questions, that are designed to make you have to work out and be pressured by the timer while having to work out a really long to work out math question.

if your bad at maths? ... then sorry cant do maths means 0 iq apparently as you may be unlucky to be hit with a hard maths question you cant answer and you dont wanna cheat by doing multiple choice selection and want to work it out yourself but you cant do it and the time runs out lol

so IQ doesnt exist anyway.

• I am not good at maths yet have been given the high IQ. But you are right as people have their own type of intelligence and have so much to offer the world even if it is a lovely smile. I hate the hierarchy that is imposed in society. 

• i did a example iq test... not a real one as you have to actually pay for a real one.
    the example test i could barely answer a single question, they threw really complex maths questions in there. the level of maths that youd expect is beyond a advanced maths level, as if its degree university level advanced maths. they dont teach the stuff in regular school what they asked... they even seemingly made words up and asked what is a .... i forgot what it was but i never heard of the word before but a person who did advanced degree masters posh school university maths could probably tell what the word was because that stuff is only taught to the rich.

Reply Children
No Data