Late in life diagnosis

Hi I've not been diagnosed officially but after watching things and doing a test I feel for certain that I am on the spectrum, I will probably arrange to do a test.

I've always felt like a square peg in a round hole and don't make friends easily, I see people around me make friends quickly and this really is an alien concept to me.  I have a job low paid, function "normally"but suffer from anxiety when I am in certain situations and I really don't know how to deal with confrontation.  My idea of hell is a social event where I don't know anyone I'm bad at small talk.  I will make excuses not to attend. I think the anxiety stems from not being able to deal with people.   I'm in my 50's now but feel still quite lost and I am having a bit of an identity crisis at the moment.

Parents
  • Hi, I can relate to you. I'm 56 at the end of the month and I've just got off the phone from talking to a mental health nurse. It's taken me since the 3rd of February ( my last day at work) to be able to put into words how I'm feeling, I've always known how I feel but it's the fear of knowing how to put it into words so it makes sense to other

• Hi, I can relate to you. I'm 56 at the end of the month and I've just got off the phone from talking to a mental health nurse. It's taken me since the 3rd of February ( my last day at work) to be able to put into words how I'm feeling, I've always known how I feel but it's the fear of knowing how to put it into words so it makes sense to other

Children
No Data