Private diagnosis

Hi

I'm 47 yrs old and have recently been refused by the NHS  to even go on there waiting list for diagnosis.

I was thinking of going private but I'm worried about who is qualified to carry out the test.  

Is it only psychologists who are qualified to diagnose? I am in touch with a cbt therapist who said she is qualified to assess but I'm not sure if she is legit.

Tyi

Parents
  • Taken verbatim from the NICE guidelines for the assessment of ASD, "Diagnostic assessment, which in the UK uses ICD-10, is often within a multi-disciplinary team but at a minimum is by a qualified clinician, usually a clinical psychologist, psychiatrist or neurologist." From the document: Autism Recognition, referral, diagnosis and management of adults on the autism spectrum, National Clinical Guideline Number 142, p. 25.

You would have to check on their qualifications and membership of relevant medical licencing bodies.

There are a number of online private providers, who have fully qualified assessors for autism.

• Taken verbatim from the NICE guidelines for the assessment of ASD, "Diagnostic assessment, which in the UK uses ICD-10, is often within a multi-disciplinary team but at a minimum is by a qualified clinician, usually a clinical psychologist, psychiatrist or neurologist." From the document: Autism Recognition, referral, diagnosis and management of adults on the autism spectrum, National Clinical Guideline Number 142, p. 25.

You would have to check on their qualifications and membership of relevant medical licencing bodies.

There are a number of online private providers, who have fully qualified assessors for autism.

Children
No Data