Change of pathway

I went to my Gp mid April to have a referral put through about autism, my Gp rang me today to say that the referral was gone through but then offered me today instead of going down this pathway if I’d like to take the route of seeing a psychiatrist instead as they think it might be a better pathway by the NHS for autism. 

has anyone gone down this pathway before or have any idea why I would be sent to a psychiatrist route from the NHS instead? 

Parents
  • This is what happened, maybe your result would be better.

I tried to get assessed for autism 10 or so years ago ... i was sent to a psychiatrist .. who had no clue about autism. Told me i wasn't after a 15 minute interview and offered no alternate diagnoses or help.

following that i gave up socializing as i had to conclude "I am just too broken".

With the advent of youtube, i looked up some of the autistic creators, their stories and descriptions of autism ... i am definitely autistic and i am trying again to get assessed.

TBH i am rather bitter at the incompetence of the psychiatrist and the p;profoundly negative effect he had on my life.

if you do go that route, are you able to confirm they specialize in autism?

• following that i gave up socializing as i had to conclude "I am just too broken".

I am sorry you felt like this, you are definitely not broken you are PERFECTLY AUTISTIC!

Reply Children