Autistic Fiction/Autobiographies and Memoirs Recommendations

Hello fellow autistic people! I know many of us ask this community for book recommendations about autistic experiences. so I thought I would share this very comprehensive list compiled by neurodivergent group NeuroPride Ireland:

Books relating to autistic/neurodivergent experiences:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N9A6SUxJPr2j03p5d48-Moxe9dKexfxdNgeOG007ayA/htmlview

Whatever you are looking for in relation to autistic/neurodivergent experience, you will probably find it in this list!

Enjoy your autistic literature deep dive!

Parents
  • Thank you for this.  I have a bit of an obsession with the bios of other autistic people - both the ordinary folk like us and the famous brave enough to go public.  I've read a fair few of these, but have gone down your list and found a few more to add to my wish list. :-)

You do always come up with the interesting stuff...much appreciated

• Thank you for this.  I have a bit of an obsession with the bios of other autistic people - both the ordinary folk like us and the famous brave enough to go public.  I've read a fair few of these, but have gone down your list and found a few more to add to my wish list. :-)

Children
  • I've read a fair few of these, but have gone down your list and found a few more to add to my wish list. :-)

Hi Dawn. That’s great! There are so many autistic authored memoirs to choose from that my reading list keeps getting longer! What titles have you added to your wish list?

You are very welcome! I aim to engage in as much autistic led content as possible, to understand the diversity of our community!

bios of other autistic people - both the ordinary folk like us and the famous brave enough to go public.

My bookshelf is full of these, I am sure yours is too!