Non smartphone users of the world unite!

Who else on this forum doesn't own a smartphone? Comment on here if you don't have one. 
I would love to know your reasons why as well

I have been heartened to know that I am not alone in standing against the mind numbing, anxiety machines that rule the modern world!

Parents
  • It's a device used to track and control you psychologically whilst making you less engaged with the real world.

And if you are in a high signal area it might also function as a telephone, but not as reliably as a 1960's corded instrument... 

• It's a device used to track and control you psychologically whilst making you less engaged with the real world

Well said! So few people realise this 

• I'm a total waste of air, in reality.

Except when I'm cleaning something or warming up a cat...

Nothing I do, changes anything.

If we get the damn device producing energy, it's iherently dangerous, new technology.

I may yet step away, and concentrate on the cat warming and cleaning.

• Yes, I've seen it.....the ultimate ME = looks the same but is COMPLETELY different.  

• Well said 

my concern is jobs & human executive functioning capabilities and the globalised "systems" that are increasingly run and managed by AI.  We are a "doing" species......we need to be "doing" stuff......and you know what they say about idol hands !!  People need jobs.  People need to feel that they can bring "worth" and that they are "needed" for a useful purpose.  Non-rogue AI taking charge is my concern
  • I was just reading the story about Georffrey Hinton on the Telegraph a few minutes ago.
    I agree, have you ever seen I Robot? I have felt like Will Smith's character in that film for a long time now

• You are both - an advanced citizen scientist AND independently minded social commentator.  That's pretty solid !  Congrats on your new title....I find myself curiously unsure as to whether I prefer to think of you as the safety officer....or as the director of FEP.   I don't suppose I care which - just so long as you keep it rolling forward.  I salute you.

• You are both - an advanced citizen scientist AND independently minded social commentator.  That's pretty solid !  Congrats on your new title....I find myself curiously unsure as to whether I prefer to think of you as the safety officer....or as the director of FEP.   I don't suppose I care which - just so long as you keep it rolling forward.  I salute you.

Children
  • I'm a total waste of air, in reality.

Except when I'm cleaning something or warming up a cat...

Nothing I do, changes anything.

If we get the damn device producing energy, it's iherently dangerous, new technology.

I may yet step away, and concentrate on the cat warming and cleaning.