Non smartphone users of the world unite!

Who else on this forum doesn't own a smartphone? Comment on here if you don't have one. 
I would love to know your reasons why as well

I have been heartened to know that I am not alone in standing against the mind numbing, anxiety machines that rule the modern world!

Parents
  • i have a samsung smart phone.... i used to always be behind on mobiles and had my 3310 for years lol

but i needed internet, i dont use text or calls much, i mainly got the phone for internet tethering and cheaper internet use. works just as good as any providers broadband and cheaper too, unlimited data so unlimited internet.... 4g was as fast as regular broadband, 5g is leagues faster than any regular house broadband.

• WOW! I did not realise that.

How can you tell whether you are using 4G or 5G?

Last time I really tried phone based internet it was 3G, and not really worth having.

Might be worth revisiting the topic.

Reply Children
  • TA. I'll look into that. I think my samsung S6 that I use for drones and the 3d camera might do 4 or 5g

• yeah 3g is a bit slow and so bad it pretty much forces you to view sites in html.... 4g is ok and i can play and download games off it... 5g just gets better and can download super faster and run things better than broadband.

the phone usually says at top right 4g or 5g or whatever.... sometimes it has H or something when your connection is bad.