Non smartphone users of the world unite!

Who else on this forum doesn't own a smartphone? Comment on here if you don't have one. 
I would love to know your reasons why as well

I have been heartened to know that I am not alone in standing against the mind numbing, anxiety machines that rule the modern world!

Parents
  • I love my smartphone, a huawei mate 20X 5g, which actually is pretty close to being the size of a tablet, therefore computer.

I once read a science fiction novel in the 80's, whete a future society, actually meant to be Utopian rather than dystopian, where everyone owns a 'kenner,' a wrist-watch-sized computer which keeps everyone in touch, and is a vast repository of knowledge. That by the bye was called Woman on the Edge of Time by Marge Piercy. She also describes a first cyberpunk dystopia..... 

I got a Sharp pocket computer in the 80's that I used to calculate the longitude of the planets, then in the 90's got a Psion, and after that a Mio Palm pocket. Then one of my students came to my lessons with the very first Apple smartphone, I think she knew I was green with envy......... 

So I got a Samsung Omnia, which really was the business. 8 gigabyte rám memory!!! Room for so many albums! And Word (though the touch screen keyboard stank). I use my phone for the Internet, banking, watching videos, taking pictures, reading books, correcting homework, writing documents, doing my Skype lessons, listening to music, keeping up with the news, playing recordings for my students, helping with translating things. I have a massive library of student books as well as my record collection, pictures of my artwork, and a movie collection. 

Yes, I know it's easy to vegetate occasionally just scrolling stuff on you tube, but then it was also easy to do that on the goggle box. Must say, I prefer to do as much computing as possible on my phone too, as it actually has more memory in terms of ram and rom than any of my computers, and is therefore faster. 

Never been tempted to get a smartwatch, though. 

• I love my smartphone, a huawei mate 20X 5g, which actually is pretty close to being the size of a tablet, therefore computer.

I once read a science fiction novel in the 80's, whete a future society, actually meant to be Utopian rather than dystopian, where everyone owns a 'kenner,' a wrist-watch-sized computer which keeps everyone in touch, and is a vast repository of knowledge. That by the bye was called Woman on the Edge of Time by Marge Piercy. She also describes a first cyberpunk dystopia..... 

I got a Sharp pocket computer in the 80's that I used to calculate the longitude of the planets, then in the 90's got a Psion, and after that a Mio Palm pocket. Then one of my students came to my lessons with the very first Apple smartphone, I think she knew I was green with envy......... 

So I got a Samsung Omnia, which really was the business. 8 gigabyte rám memory!!! Room for so many albums! And Word (though the touch screen keyboard stank). I use my phone for the Internet, banking, watching videos, taking pictures, reading books, correcting homework, writing documents, doing my Skype lessons, listening to music, keeping up with the news, playing recordings for my students, helping with translating things. I have a massive library of student books as well as my record collection, pictures of my artwork, and a movie collection. 

Yes, I know it's easy to vegetate occasionally just scrolling stuff on you tube, but then it was also easy to do that on the goggle box. Must say, I prefer to do as much computing as possible on my phone too, as it actually has more memory in terms of ram and rom than any of my computers, and is therefore faster. 

Never been tempted to get a smartwatch, though. 

Children
No Data