Non smartphone users of the world unite!

Who else on this forum doesn't own a smartphone? Comment on here if you don't have one. 
I would love to know your reasons why as well

I have been heartened to know that I am not alone in standing against the mind numbing, anxiety machines that rule the modern world!

Parents
  • I thought it was just a few of us who refuse to join the stare at a screen society? I do not own one as I would struggle to use one due to my dyspraxia. Also, why would I want to when it would involve me ignoring the world around me? I am bemused by watching couples sit opposite each other and simply stare at their phones. I love the peace and quiet and not being on call all the time. I cannot help but feel we were so much better off before smartphones when we spoke to people direct.  

• I once knew a couple that seemed to spend the majority of their time communicating with each other via Facebook on their smartphones, which I found rather sad considering they lived together. I often used to wonder why they didn't just put down their phones and actually talk to each other, especially as the majority of their exchanges seemed to consist of declaring their feelings of love for each other. I just found it weird and a bit cringey.

• I once knew a couple that seemed to spend the majority of their time communicating with each other via Facebook on their smartphones, which I found rather sad considering they lived together. I often used to wonder why they didn't just put down their phones and actually talk to each other, especially as the majority of their exchanges seemed to consist of declaring their feelings of love for each other. I just found it weird and a bit cringey.

Children
No Data