Meet Ups For Adults

What have your experiences been like?

Parents
  • Mine have been experiences of trying to find groups that match my interests (yoga, tai chi, spiritualism) and building relationships that way.  However, these aren't specifically for autistic people and this is still a gap in my life. 

I simply don't know how to find local groups that aren't dominated by parents of autistic people who also have learning disabilities.  That's not to say that these groups aren't very much needed, but many online webinars or classes encourage us to find our community and, good though it is to have all of these online resources, I still need something locally and haven't really got any contact at all with my neurokin on a face-to-face basis.   

• Mine have been experiences of trying to find groups that match my interests (yoga, tai chi, spiritualism) and building relationships that way.  However, these aren't specifically for autistic people and this is still a gap in my life. 

I simply don't know how to find local groups that aren't dominated by parents of autistic people who also have learning disabilities.  That's not to say that these groups aren't very much needed, but many online webinars or classes encourage us to find our community and, good though it is to have all of these online resources, I still need something locally and haven't really got any contact at all with my neurokin on a face-to-face basis.   

Children
No Data