Really Worried about my brother

My brother is 38 and lives alone in rented accommodation.  Our mother passed away 2.5 years ago and was his primary cater/company.

he can function independently from a physical point of view, but has become extremely withdrawn and isolated.

he does not let us visit, is not leaving the house and has no contact with anyone.

care workers have not been responding to emails and he is back to the bottom of the waiting list as he told them he is fine- atypical answer from the world of anxious folk with autism.  

any advice of where to Get help please???

he is now not answering texts or the phone and I am scared.

thank you

Parents
  • Hi 

Does your brother have a diagnosis? 

I can relate to your concern. I also worry about my brother and feel immense sadness for him. I think he has an asd, and i went to the doctor with him and he is referring him for an assessment. He wouldnt have gone to see the doctor if i had not gone with him. He is 60 years old and struggled all his life wondering what is wrong with him. Will your brother see the doctor if you are able to go with him? I wrote to my brothers doctor asking for an appointment explaining why, and my brother went along with it. But it is emotionally exhausting supporting him, as i too am waiting for an assessment and now know that i have an asd. I hope you can both get some understanding x

• Hi 

Does your brother have a diagnosis? 

I can relate to your concern. I also worry about my brother and feel immense sadness for him. I think he has an asd, and i went to the doctor with him and he is referring him for an assessment. He wouldnt have gone to see the doctor if i had not gone with him. He is 60 years old and struggled all his life wondering what is wrong with him. Will your brother see the doctor if you are able to go with him? I wrote to my brothers doctor asking for an appointment explaining why, and my brother went along with it. But it is emotionally exhausting supporting him, as i too am waiting for an assessment and now know that i have an asd. I hope you can both get some understanding x

Children
No Data