Really Worried about my brother

My brother is 38 and lives alone in rented accommodation.  Our mother passed away 2.5 years ago and was his primary cater/company.

he can function independently from a physical point of view, but has become extremely withdrawn and isolated.

he does not let us visit, is not leaving the house and has no contact with anyone.

care workers have not been responding to emails and he is back to the bottom of the waiting list as he told them he is fine- atypical answer from the world of anxious folk with autism.  

any advice of where to Get help please???

he is now not answering texts or the phone and I am scared.

thank you

Parents
  • he does not let us visit, is not leaving the house and has no contact with anyone.

Can I ask why? Was there some sort of family feud or rift?

• Hello.  No rift, he just tells us he finds it too hard to see people.  The last time he agreed to let me visit he gave me a one hour window.  He told me he feels like he has failed in life.  It was heartbreaking how sad and worthless he seemed to feel.  

He does not have any faith in doctors or social workers as the one time he agreed to let one visit, they missed their appointment time and have not followed up on things or offered any help with volunteering etc

• Hello.  No rift, he just tells us he finds it too hard to see people.  The last time he agreed to let me visit he gave me a one hour window.  He told me he feels like he has failed in life.  It was heartbreaking how sad and worthless he seemed to feel.  

He does not have any faith in doctors or social workers as the one time he agreed to let one visit, they missed their appointment time and have not followed up on things or offered any help with volunteering etc

Children
No Data