Autistic Sex Reputation (NSFW)

Are autistic people known for being wild in bed and actively sought out by NTs? I saw a post on reddit where an NT said they did that and implied that it's common knowledge that some NTs do that because autistic people have that reputation. Anyone know?

Parents
  • Not actually engaged with this post before and, avoiding all the arguements that have been had on here, just wanted to say I have heard about that reputation but didn't really know it was a thing.
    For me personally, I have a kind of different issue. I have a very high sex drive and often feel the need for sex but, in general, I dont actually enjoy having sex. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Sometimes I envy people who either want sex and enjoy it or are completely asexual and dont feel any desire for sex. I seem to be stuck between the two 

• I'm very late coming back to this thread, sorry! But you might find some of the terminology we use in the asexual community useful  even though you're not ace yourself.

Because sexual attraction and sexual behaviour can be different (e.g. if an asexual person wants children they might have sex in order to conceive) we split the two things up. So whether you feel sexual attraction or not doesn't always match whether you find sex enjoyable or feel comfortable doing it for reasons other than attraction. An asexual person who is sensory-seeking wouldn't be sexually attracted to anyone but might enjoy having sex with people they like in other ways (aesthetic, romantic, etc) because it feels good,andthey would be considered sex-favourable. Someone who isn't especially bothered either way would be sex-indifferent. And then, someone who finds sex unpleasant would be sex-averse or sex-repulsed, even if they experience sexual attraction and would like it in theory, because the reality of it just doesn't work for them- that could be due to something like trauma, but it's also not uncommon for people to find that sex is just overstimulating or has sensory aspects they don't like.

• I'm very late coming back to this thread, sorry! But you might find some of the terminology we use in the asexual community useful  even though you're not ace yourself.

Because sexual attraction and sexual behaviour can be different (e.g. if an asexual person wants children they might have sex in order to conceive) we split the two things up. So whether you feel sexual attraction or not doesn't always match whether you find sex enjoyable or feel comfortable doing it for reasons other than attraction. An asexual person who is sensory-seeking wouldn't be sexually attracted to anyone but might enjoy having sex with people they like in other ways (aesthetic, romantic, etc) because it feels good,andthey would be considered sex-favourable. Someone who isn't especially bothered either way would be sex-indifferent. And then, someone who finds sex unpleasant would be sex-averse or sex-repulsed, even if they experience sexual attraction and would like it in theory, because the reality of it just doesn't work for them- that could be due to something like trauma, but it's also not uncommon for people to find that sex is just overstimulating or has sensory aspects they don't like.

Children
No Data