Just for fun! what celebrity would you say you are like?

Is there anyone you get compared to that is a celebrity if so who? 

Me: Rachel Khoo, I have been compared to her, I am not sure if I look like her but just the way I dress and do my makeup. 

• Alan would be way less intense! Take it as a compliment 

• No, it didn't.

Us lot weren't cultured enough.

• Just went digging for the ‘The Bill’ guy as I do recall them showing me a picture and he was one of the plain clothes guys from the mid 90s. I’m now certain it was this guy: 

Andrew Macintosh apparently. My hair would have been like that too and I can see how young me was close enough to that, especially with that self conscious looking stare. 

• My wife said that she married Tom Cruise and now 30 years later she’s stuck with Alan Titchmarsh.

• Some of my students used to say I looked like Olly Murs but then other students said I looked like Mr Tumble so... swings and roundabouts I guess 

• An unkempt tuft I like that. I’m sure Tintin must have come up just once or twice

• It depends what you mean. Three people in my life (two of them family, one of them a friend) insist that I bear a resemblance to Prince William. On the family side it was my sister who started that, then my mother agreed. My dad and brother have a ‘whatever’ opinion on it, they’re not convinced and I don’t blame them! My friend who said I was like Wills had independently concluded this and brought it up, my sister doesn’t really know him. Confusingly, while they (and my mum, after a prompt) are both insistent about it, literally nobody else has ever made that comparison so it’s most perplexing. There might be the minutest resemblance if one really squints and of course I have his (let’s be generous) ‘hairstyle’. I have some of his air of restrained awkwardness as well I think - cufflink fiddling and the like, an uncertain ‘please don’t think I’m a doofus’ smile etc. 

Apart from that, I’m not sure I’ve ever been compared to anyone… oh wait, when I was in my twenties some bloke in work said ‘isn’t he like so and so from The Bill’ and two or three people went ‘oh yeah, a bit’. No idea who that was. I had hair then and looked quite different I think. 

One time in work, about 15 years ago someone, meaning to be nice (but I was inwardly horrified)  said that I had a Hugh Grant demeanour - definitely not meaning my looks, that’s for sure! Thankfully nobody has said it since. At the time he was known for being a sort of foppish ‘oh gosh, oh crikey ’ type, in those cringey Richard Curtis films (apologies to anyone who likes them) and I remember thinking right, I need to change everything about myself immediately if there’s any truth in that! I think the same person said I was a bit Louis Theroux as well (manner wise) which concerned me less but still gave me pause! 

• Elton John, Daniel Radcliffe, Noel Gallagher, Ian Broudie, Stanley Baxter. (I was briefly nicknamed Mr Majika, as my hair had an unkempt tuft, also was nicknamed Don King for the same reason)

• so ever been likened to a celebrity ?

• wow! you saw one one of shoes! that is um! yup! hahaha

• Her shows actually, thanks predictive text. Though I imagine I saw her shoes as well. Which were probably stylish. 

• That’s very cool, if I remember correctly she’s a chef living in Paris. I think I saw one of her shoes a few years ago. 

• That is very cool actually. great answer

• Does Willy Wonka count? Laughing 

I dress in a whacky style, a bit socially awkward and I love chocolate...