Private Diagnosis Oxford

Hello, 

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this question. My GP has agreed to refer me for an NHS diagnosis, but it has become something of a burning question for me and I'm looking into private options to reduce the wait.

Does anyone have strong opinions on which services to seek out or actively avoid? Answers that are specific to the Oxfordshire area would be especially helpful.

Many thanks,

Sam

Parents
  • I got diagnosed at Autism Oxford- sent my pre-screening questionnaires off in December and got my diagnosis in mid-March, so just a few weeks ago. They're really informed on different presentations of autistic traits (e.g. 'female' presentation and PDA) and quite a few of the staff are neurodivergent so I felt very comfortable being assessed there. It's quite expensive, but they do offer a pre-screening assessment for £250 and they don't push you to follow up on that if you feel that's enough indication for you to self-identify as autistic, although I did end up doing the full assessment myself.

• Thanks for this! I've been considering Autism Oxford - they sound like a good bet Slight smile

Reply Children