Migraines

I am a teacher and I often get migraines at the end of term. I had a,2 day migraine and missed Christmas and I have just come out of another 2 day one today. 

Do you think this is just my body's way of saying STOP?!

Does anyone else get them ? Anyone found any remedies that work?

• I get ongoing headaches, my Doctor was inconclusive of a migraine diagnosis. However, they are stress-related. 

• i get only the aura when I'm premenstrual and that's when my serotonin is at its lowest so there's a link there for me.  If I can drink water, lie down quickly and shut my eyes, do deep breathing at the flashy spot phase then it doesnt spread throughout my whole vision.  In answer to the original poster, yes its the body's way of saying no more for now thankyou very much Cherry blossom

• I get them, preceded by visual aura. Sometimes the aura is worse than the headache. My main migraine trigger appears to be serotonin levels, as I had really bad migraines every day for the last 5 days of the ten days I was taking sertraline, before I stopped. St John's wort, which has a similar effect in raising levels of circulating serotonin as sertraline, had much the same effect, plus it gave me raging levels of anger.

• Same. If I overload my senses then boom. Happens daily sometimes. Earplugs could help you

• i never get migraines, because they are against rule 3 and 4 of my body, and that means i cant get them or something.

it also means the mods dictate to me what name i was given at birth too apparently.