Shoes with laces

Does anyone else find shoes with laces quite a negative sensory thing? Like when you walk they always slightly loosen and you can sense this when your walking and it makes your shoes uncomfortable. I can never get them done up quite right either, theyre always too tight or too loose.

I find slip on shoes so much better, like checkerboard Vans or just normal slip on canvas ones. I even wear laceless football boots now when Im playing footy

Does anyone else prefer shoes without laces 

• In general, I find that slip-on shoes tend not to be secure enough for me, I really do not like the back of my heels to move up and down in the shoe at all.  For this reason I prefer laces, though I can sometimes bruise the front of my ankle by tightening them too much.

• I avoid shoes with laces. I never learnt how to do them, I just made sure they never came undone.

Slip ons are more comfortable.

• I have some boots with laces, they are just for show. The sides of the boots have hidden zips, much easier. My worry is that I’m one step away from Velcro shoes.

• I completely understand where you're coming from when it comes to shoes with laces. They can sometimes be a bit of a sensory hassle, especially when they slightly loosen up as you walk. Getting the tightness just right can indeed be a challenge. Slip-on shoes, like checkerboard Vans or classic canvas slip-ons, offer a fantastic alternative. They're convenient, comfortable, and easy to slip in and out of. If you're in the market for laceless options, you might want to explore kickslounge.com. They have a wide variety of stylish and comfortable shoes, including laceless designs. Plus, if you're a fan of brands like Nike, you can find laceless options that offer both style and ease of wear.

• Sounds like a good idea! I love checkerboard vans, thats all I wear unless its too cold for canvas shoes

• I have similar problems, one of my feet is half a size bigger than the other so its hard to find shoes that fit quite right

I have some high ankle walking boots and they are quite comfortable

• I have a really high instep so laces can be really uncomfortable for me, depending on the shoes. It's much less of an issue with boots that lace up a bit further up my leg, like Doc Martens.

I mostly wear slip-on ankle boots- things like Chelsea boots with elastic at the sides. Slip-on shoes just fall right off my feet.

...I think I might just have weird feet Sweat smile

• I know! With ankle boots I used to wrap the excess around my ankles and tie them there.

• Why do they make them so long? I have to top-knot mine about three times. 

• Hi , I agree if the laces are too tight it’s annoying and if they are loose it drives me mad! I wear slip on shoes or boots much easier.

• Hi Billy87,  i totally relate to this plus the added stress of one shoe being tighter than the other .  my puppy also like to pull my laces when I'm walking which is challenging to say the least!  

Anyway, I've made a decision that once all my current boots and trainers are defunct , i will switch to no laces ever again! 

• I don't like tied laces flopping about so after I tie my laces, I tuck them inside the front of my trainers or boots.

• It depends on the laces themselves.  If they are too long or too short there is a problem and on one pair of shoes they are a problematic shape and keep coming undone.  Otherwise laces are ok.

• I rarely wear shoes at all tbh. I have socks with a thin plastic layer on the bottom that I wear in winter. In summer I can go months at a time without using any kind of footwear.

My feet are completely different sizes and my shorter/higher foot in particular cramps unbearably if I wear shoes. I struggle to walk more than about a mile in them before the pain forces me to stop. I can walk 10-20 times that far barefoot or in socks.

• I rarely wear shoes at all tbh. I have socks with a thin plastic layer on the bottom that I wear in winter. In summer I can go months at a time without using any kind of footwear.

My feet are completely different sizes and my shorter/higher foot in particular cramps unbearably if I wear shoes. I struggle to walk more than about a mile in them before the pain forces me to stop. I can walk 10-20 times that far barefoot or in socks.