Sensory overload? or just a headache?

Hi Wave 

I have just come back from being at a bowling alley and they have arcade games there. I didn’t really feel like going but we had kids and they wanted to go. After awhile I got this awful headache and sicky feeling and feeling unsafe. My eyes starting going funny like I couldn’t see properly. I’m home now and the headache and sicky feeling still won’t leave. I am currently alone in my bedroom and the feeling of unsafeness has gone but I have the shakes. Am I just having an off 5 minutes with a headache or could it be sensory overload? What are your tips 

Parents
  • Anxiety is the consequence of overload beyond a certain limit. It's a response mechanism in form of the signals it sends: headaches, shakes, the feeling of danger. It should subside by simply removing the source of overload or, finding a better way to work with the source (if it's our kids for example) though helpful ways of engaging reasonably. 

If my son wants to go to out, I'll take my ear plugs, maybe sunglasses. He's in his 20s so in a cafe he'll find a window with natural light for me or sit in the chair with the painful LED. 

My father simply has a gaming system he can control the volume. So everyone can play at home comfortably. There's ways to win for everyone.

• Anxiety is the consequence of overload beyond a certain limit. It's a response mechanism in form of the signals it sends: headaches, shakes, the feeling of danger. It should subside by simply removing the source of overload or, finding a better way to work with the source (if it's our kids for example) though helpful ways of engaging reasonably. 

If my son wants to go to out, I'll take my ear plugs, maybe sunglasses. He's in his 20s so in a cafe he'll find a window with natural light for me or sit in the chair with the painful LED. 

My father simply has a gaming system he can control the volume. So everyone can play at home comfortably. There's ways to win for everyone.

Children
No Data