Sensory overload? or just a headache?

Hi Wave 

I have just come back from being at a bowling alley and they have arcade games there. I didn’t really feel like going but we had kids and they wanted to go. After awhile I got this awful headache and sicky feeling and feeling unsafe. My eyes starting going funny like I couldn’t see properly. I’m home now and the headache and sicky feeling still won’t leave. I am currently alone in my bedroom and the feeling of unsafeness has gone but I have the shakes. Am I just having an off 5 minutes with a headache or could it be sensory overload? What are your tips 

Parents
  • I get sensory overload and feel overwhelmed. Recently, I was in the lobby of a major London hospital and there was a load of noise. What freaks me out is hearing the multiple noises individually, all at the same time.

Like JT wrote, ear plugs can help. Listening to your favourite music through head or ear phones can help. I also bring a word puzzle book to concentrate and focus on something I like - to redirect and calm my racing, overloaded mind. I realise my last 2 suggestions may not be good for family outings where you would interact with others!

• I wouldn’t be able to do a puzzle book around the kids and knowing me I’d lose it haha. I did think about getting those Loop Earplugs but everything falls out of my ears that’s what I only wear over the ear headphones

• It's difficult to find good earplugs that fit and are effective.

Reply Children
No Data