Pets

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and I love all animals but especially dogs.

I thought it would be fun to share what pets we have and their names.

I have 3 dogs, a fox red Labrador called Amber, a chocolate Labrador called Lumi and a pug called Harvey 

Parents
  • It was a Betta Splendens, lived 3 yrs, about normal for them, keep meaning to refurb the 15 gal tank, but the mighty aquatic mollusk who was roomate to the fish is currently 5 years over it's projected lifespan and still going, so all the time it's happy we'll leave it there until it goes of natural causes, and refurb the tank and get a new fish afterwards.
    Reason being because a total refurb of the tank would include medicating the gravel with various compounds one of which copper based would poison the mollusk and completely draining all the water out to wash the gravel which would also disrupt the nitrogen cycle making it less hospitable to the snail even if it was in a separate container during the copper treatment. Sooo in essence I made a choice to bring this snail into my home as a pet and tbh I'm not gonna take it off the census just for the convenience of getting another fish faster
    Also it's a damn nice looking snail. Hiding at the moment under it's castle of quartz so can't get a photo, but it's a zebra nerite so not my photo not my snail but same species:

( https://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/9cf5e42dc5988ac158e9ad9c1a0008d3/z/e/zebra-snail.png )

• It was a Betta Splendens, lived 3 yrs, about normal for them, keep meaning to refurb the 15 gal tank, but the mighty aquatic mollusk who was roomate to the fish is currently 5 years over it's projected lifespan and still going, so all the time it's happy we'll leave it there until it goes of natural causes, and refurb the tank and get a new fish afterwards.
    Reason being because a total refurb of the tank would include medicating the gravel with various compounds one of which copper based would poison the mollusk and completely draining all the water out to wash the gravel which would also disrupt the nitrogen cycle making it less hospitable to the snail even if it was in a separate container during the copper treatment. Sooo in essence I made a choice to bring this snail into my home as a pet and tbh I'm not gonna take it off the census just for the convenience of getting another fish faster
    Also it's a damn nice looking snail. Hiding at the moment under it's castle of quartz so can't get a photo, but it's a zebra nerite so not my photo not my snail but same species:

( https://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/9cf5e42dc5988ac158e9ad9c1a0008d3/z/e/zebra-snail.png )

Children