This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Online Community 'reactions' poll

The online community currently uses up/down voting for users to respond to posts and comments. If we are able to change this in future, would you like to keep the current up/down votes or have a different feature? Please vote in our online community poll below.

*Please log in to the online community to vote*

Parents
  • I really don’t think there should be any voting or reactions at all. My biggest problem with social media sites which have those features, and which rank users’ posts by how much attention they get, is that they foster a really brutal, competitive atmosphere that disincentivises people from interacting with one another in a reciprocal, mutually cooperative manner. I’ve had good experiences in the past with forums/messageboards which don’t have any voting system, where members simply discuss common interests as equal peers. While I have found quite a few discussions on this forum really useful (albeit mostly as a lurker), the prioritisation of “top replies” makes it feel a bit more alienating to me.

• I really don’t think there should be any voting or reactions at all. My biggest problem with social media sites which have those features, and which rank users’ posts by how much attention they get, is that they foster a really brutal, competitive atmosphere that disincentivises people from interacting with one another in a reciprocal, mutually cooperative manner. I’ve had good experiences in the past with forums/messageboards which don’t have any voting system, where members simply discuss common interests as equal peers. While I have found quite a few discussions on this forum really useful (albeit mostly as a lurker), the prioritisation of “top replies” makes it feel a bit more alienating to me.

Children
No Data