Let's Talk About Lists

Lists. I have lists for lists. Even my subcategory lists have subcategories. Yet I never get things done. I have a love/hate relationship with my lists. Creating them makes me feels good, then I feel awful for not ticking things off. The lists are my feeble attempt at stopping my incessant procrastination, but I just ignore them. I once bought a book on how to beat procrastination, which I never got round to reading (no joke). It wouldn't matter if a list was painted in huge letters on a massive sign in my front garden because I'd still ignore it.

Help!

Parents
  • I too have lists for everything, I give them interesting (well to me anyway) names, there was the “January Big List”, and I’m currently tackling the “”March Tricky List”. These two were/are big structural and difficult, expensive in £s January, and emotion March. I usually have a daily list running too, chores etc. I actually do succeed in ticking things off and if I don’t before they time out the item cascades onto the next one. If I do something which wasn’t on a list I actually add it to one and tick it. This is all done on gmail drafts, I’m 100% digital, have been for years and can no longer drive a pen. 

• I too have lists for everything, I give them interesting (well to me anyway) names, there was the “January Big List”, and I’m currently tackling the “”March Tricky List”. These two were/are big structural and difficult, expensive in £s January, and emotion March. I usually have a daily list running too, chores etc. I actually do succeed in ticking things off and if I don’t before they time out the item cascades onto the next one. If I do something which wasn’t on a list I actually add it to one and tick it. This is all done on gmail drafts, I’m 100% digital, have been for years and can no longer drive a pen. 

Children