Ear plugs

I’ve recently received a formal ASD diagnosis and wanted to know what earplugs (in the ear) people use in the workplace or at home just to soften the sounds of people around you? I do use over the ear headphones too but wanted a smaller discrete option too. 

Parents
  • this is going to sound weird but I use white tack and it does a great job. i never push it inside my ear canal, just over the outer part and unstick it when not needed. i don't reuse the pieces so it's actually fairly hygienic if applying with clean dry hands.

I've tried ots of different types and brands of earplugs and inalways end up with sore ears and infections. white tack used for 10 years, not a single infection and no, tiny bits haven't ended up inside my ear

• Same, I've used blu tack or white tack almost every night since 2005. I briefly switched to silicone plugs but they don't stay in place as well. Personally I reuse the same piece for a month or two and have never had an ear infection as an adult (I had them constantly up until the age of about 7)

• Same, I've used blu tack or white tack almost every night since 2005. I briefly switched to silicone plugs but they don't stay in place as well. Personally I reuse the same piece for a month or two and have never had an ear infection as an adult (I had them constantly up until the age of about 7)

Children
No Data