Ear plugs

I’ve recently received a formal ASD diagnosis and wanted to know what earplugs (in the ear) people use in the workplace or at home just to soften the sounds of people around you? I do use over the ear headphones too but wanted a smaller discrete option too. 

Parents
  • Rather than "noise cancelling" ear phones / ear plugs....I use any normal ear phones and simply play something that I find VERY calming - ie speak radio....more specifically, Radio 4. - to drown out the less consistent and often unpleasant sounds around me.  I can still hear if I need to, but can also concentrate on the sounds of the radio (without listening to it - if you know what I mean)  and this works excellently for me.

• Rather than "noise cancelling" ear phones / ear plugs....I use any normal ear phones and simply play something that I find VERY calming - ie speak radio....more specifically, Radio 4. - to drown out the less consistent and often unpleasant sounds around me.  I can still hear if I need to, but can also concentrate on the sounds of the radio (without listening to it - if you know what I mean)  and this works excellently for me.

Children
No Data