Interesting fact of the day

I encourage you to reply, but not more than once a day, with a interesting new fact. Let’s stretch this out instead of dumping all the interesting facts out all at once. (Btw feel free to comment on the interesting facts as much and as often as you want)

edit: posting a source for your fact is strongly encouraged.

Parents
  • This is one of those infinite horizons briefs that seems to paralyse me. As soon as I can tell any fact, choose any topic, my mind empties. As though the millions of them I must have heard in my lifetime just all hid behind each other. But… to make myself get any sort of foothold I decided to impose a sub-category: popular culture. Even then, I had to say ‘not a Doctor Who fact, not this time. Come on, literally anything else.’ Again, the mind empties. But then… from somewhere… a telly fact so random that I’m confused as to why I’m even bothering has stepped from the shadows to say ‘choose me’. That fact is: Coronation Street was originally going to be called Florizel Steeet. Imagine people saying ‘I’ll phone you later, want to watch Florrie’

• This is one of those infinite horizons briefs that seems to paralyse me. As soon as I can tell any fact, choose any topic, my mind empties. As though the millions of them I must have heard in my lifetime just all hid behind each other. But… to make myself get any sort of foothold I decided to impose a sub-category: popular culture. Even then, I had to say ‘not a Doctor Who fact, not this time. Come on, literally anything else.’ Again, the mind empties. But then… from somewhere… a telly fact so random that I’m confused as to why I’m even bothering has stepped from the shadows to say ‘choose me’. That fact is: Coronation Street was originally going to be called Florizel Steeet. Imagine people saying ‘I’ll phone you later, want to watch Florrie’

Children