Interesting fact of the day

I encourage you to reply, but not more than once a day, with a interesting new fact. Let’s stretch this out instead of dumping all the interesting facts out all at once. (Btw feel free to comment on the interesting facts as much and as often as you want)

edit: posting a source for your fact is strongly encouraged.

Parents
  • You only breathe through one nostril at a time. 

Source: a yoga teacher I once had

• That's not right. Sometimes one nostril is blocked, occasionally both, but most of the time I am breathing through both of them at the same time. I notice that more than I should because I dislike when the left one is blocked to the extent that I sleep too much on my right side and it is bad for my shoulder!

I think it might vary which one is clearer than the other and they do usually switch which that is, but not usually so much that breathing is only ever through one.

• That's not right. Sometimes one nostril is blocked, occasionally both, but most of the time I am breathing through both of them at the same time. I notice that more than I should because I dislike when the left one is blocked to the extent that I sleep too much on my right side and it is bad for my shoulder!

I think it might vary which one is clearer than the other and they do usually switch which that is, but not usually so much that breathing is only ever through one.

Children