Urge to infodump

Does anyone else feel the urge to infodump when they are in social situations? For example, tonight I went to a lovely raclette evening with some people from my church and a few people were wondering where raclette cheese came from and I just felt the urge to spend 20 minutes explaining all about how it was from Switzerland and all about Swiss food and how it relates to Swiss culture. 

Then someone else started talking about visiting Argentina and I felt the urge to spend 20 minutes discussing Juan and Eva Peron and the history of Argentina.

I have learned from past experience that infodumping like this does not tend to be socially acceptable so I stopped myself from doing it but just wondered if anyone else feels the need to do this sometimes, especially in social situations 

Parents
  • I used to have this urge also but it sort of died off in the end, partially because as you said it isn't considered socially acceptable and also because I'm more less mute now. Chronic anxiety has caused a severely sore throat that makes talking unappealing, not that I really enjoyed talking to be honest. I do miss info dumping though. I like to share my interests and educate people on them.

• I used to have this urge also but it sort of died off in the end, partially because as you said it isn't considered socially acceptable and also because I'm more less mute now. Chronic anxiety has caused a severely sore throat that makes talking unappealing, not that I really enjoyed talking to be honest. I do miss info dumping though. I like to share my interests and educate people on them.

Children
No Data