Urge to infodump

Does anyone else feel the urge to infodump when they are in social situations? For example, tonight I went to a lovely raclette evening with some people from my church and a few people were wondering where raclette cheese came from and I just felt the urge to spend 20 minutes explaining all about how it was from Switzerland and all about Swiss food and how it relates to Swiss culture. 

Then someone else started talking about visiting Argentina and I felt the urge to spend 20 minutes discussing Juan and Eva Peron and the history of Argentina.

I have learned from past experience that infodumping like this does not tend to be socially acceptable so I stopped myself from doing it but just wondered if anyone else feels the need to do this sometimes, especially in social situations 

Parents
  • I don’t have the required memory to do that unfortunately. However, I would be very happy to listen to 20 minutes on the history of Raclette whilst eating Raclette. I’m sure it would enhance the experience. 

• I also enjoy listening to other people's infodumps. OK there are some subjects I would not want 20 mins on, but in general I am as happy hearing an infodump as giving one. I think that is the other half of the communication differences, when we infodump we would like/expect others to receive it as happily as we would so we are disappointed when it is not reciprocated.

• I also enjoy listening to other people's infodumps. OK there are some subjects I would not want 20 mins on, but in general I am as happy hearing an infodump as giving one. I think that is the other half of the communication differences, when we infodump we would like/expect others to receive it as happily as we would so we are disappointed when it is not reciprocated.

Children
No Data