Bus Passes

I have aspergers in Kent and I want to know if I am eligable for the free bus passes. The guide they give for who is eligable is unclear if ASD counts as  "a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind which includes a significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning" or not.

Parents
  • stranger said:
    What about people who haven't specifically been banned from obtaining a driving licence from a condition, but have Asperger's and feel too anxious to take lessons or have severe traits that mean they cannot cope with the driving instructions?  Also, even once you have your licence your condition can fluctuate.

You would then argue that you have a disability which makes driving unsafe. Some of us find that our sensory issues would make driving impossible - in my case, headlights are physically painful and too much noise causes sensory overload. 

I am banned for other reasons. I was told earlier this year that I've chosen not to drive (technically, true) and am entitled to a driving licence. (not true in the slightest) My consultant claims otherwise.[/quote]

But that's my point, the criteria for bus passes should (perhaps do?) incorporate a disability preventing you having a licence as instructed by your GP/clinician, in the same way.

So your ban was based on your consultant's information, then why have they bothered telling you it's your choice?

• stranger said:
    What about people who haven't specifically been banned from obtaining a driving licence from a condition, but have Asperger's and feel too anxious to take lessons or have severe traits that mean they cannot cope with the driving instructions?  Also, even once you have your licence your condition can fluctuate.

You would then argue that you have a disability which makes driving unsafe. Some of us find that our sensory issues would make driving impossible - in my case, headlights are physically painful and too much noise causes sensory overload. 

I am banned for other reasons. I was told earlier this year that I've chosen not to drive (technically, true) and am entitled to a driving licence. (not true in the slightest) My consultant claims otherwise.[/quote]

But that's my point, the criteria for bus passes should (perhaps do?) incorporate a disability preventing you having a licence as instructed by your GP/clinician, in the same way.

So your ban was based on your consultant's information, then why have they bothered telling you it's your choice?

Children
No Data