What does ‘unmasking’ look like?

Hello everybody. 
I’m still in this no man’s land awaiting the results of my assessment.  I was seen on Feb 1st and my husband has been called in since then to complete a questionnaire on me. I’m not sure which one it was. 
What I really want to know is what does it look like to unmask? 
I know that this is one think that I will hope to be able to do when I get the results but what does that entail? 
I’m in my late 60’s and have built up this very respectable, quietly polite, ladylike demeanour……which becomes increasingly difficult to sustain. I struggle to think of conversations to have with people. 
What do I have to do to make changes? 
Thank you. 

Parents
  • I'm 51 and undiagnosed as yet bit my AQ50 is coming out consistently at 36.  I feel as though I need a diagnosis quickly as this is wearing me out and I think if I'm diagnosed it will.help understand stand things aot clearer. Adult diagnosis in our postcode is 2 year +.  I'm thinking of going and having a private diagnosis.  Any difference being privately diagnosed Vs NHS diagnosis does anyone think. 

• I'm 51 and undiagnosed as yet bit my AQ50 is coming out consistently at 36.  I feel as though I need a diagnosis quickly as this is wearing me out and I think if I'm diagnosed it will.help understand stand things aot clearer. Adult diagnosis in our postcode is 2 year +.  I'm thinking of going and having a private diagnosis.  Any difference being privately diagnosed Vs NHS diagnosis does anyone think. 

Children
  • I don't know the exact process, but you can request that the NHS forward your referral to a private clinic as long as they provide services for the NHS somewhere in the UK. Kind got forwarded to The Owl Centre after a 2 year wait on the NHS and following that was completed within about 3 months. (It's referred to as the right to choose and actually applies to all mental health related services).

• hi there, please don't let the potential waiting times put you off. What some people are finding is that the NHS is paying private diagnosticians to help with the waiting list backlog so it might not take as long as you think.  I was told a 6 year wait and then was offered a private firm working in partnership with NHS and my referral, pre screen and   assessment were completed in under 3 months for free.  try it you never know you might be lucky.