What does ‘unmasking’ look like?

Hello everybody. 
I’m still in this no man’s land awaiting the results of my assessment.  I was seen on Feb 1st and my husband has been called in since then to complete a questionnaire on me. I’m not sure which one it was. 
What I really want to know is what does it look like to unmask? 
I know that this is one think that I will hope to be able to do when I get the results but what does that entail? 
I’m in my late 60’s and have built up this very respectable, quietly polite, ladylike demeanour……which becomes increasingly difficult to sustain. I struggle to think of conversations to have with people. 
What do I have to do to make changes? 
Thank you. 

Parents
  • I've been doing a lot of 'deep work' on my self. Being entirely honest with myself about who I want to be in different situations and have realised that I only need to mask if I might cause offence or upset someone else, otherwise I can always be myself I have just always needed to have a thicker skin to the reactions of people.

The Buddhists refer to it as 'none-reactivity'. And it is important to be repeatedly practiced.

Not easy to achieve, but it's now more important to my 'self' to be authentic than it is to fit in.

In situations I might normally mask, when I calmly stick to my true self, I always leave that situation feeling warm and I think that feeling is pride in myself. So this is the only way #theobstacleistheway

• I've been doing a lot of 'deep work' on my self. Being entirely honest with myself about who I want to be in different situations and have realised that I only need to mask if I might cause offence or upset someone else, otherwise I can always be myself I have just always needed to have a thicker skin to the reactions of people.

The Buddhists refer to it as 'none-reactivity'. And it is important to be repeatedly practiced.

Not easy to achieve, but it's now more important to my 'self' to be authentic than it is to fit in.

In situations I might normally mask, when I calmly stick to my true self, I always leave that situation feeling warm and I think that feeling is pride in myself. So this is the only way #theobstacleistheway

Children
No Data