Autistic fatigue?

Hello im new here, my name is Gareth, 41 years old, I was diagnosed in 2020 just before pandemic hit. Fun times. Grinning

Every few months I have been hitting a wall in terms of energy levels, I enjoy working out as part of my routine and when these energy dips happen it can take a few weeks for them to return to normal.

Ive just heard about autistic fatigue and was wondering if anybody else has experience of this in regards to their energy levels?

Thanks

Parents
  • I was diagnosed AS in lockdown.  I now know fatigue is different to tiredness. I now know the feeling I had pre-diagnosis was fatigue. I know this because there are some comparable feelings between that and a health condition I now have which is a bit like cfs.  They feel quite  similar. I wonder if some of it is down to becoming deconditioned during lockdown to a world which was more suitable. I also wonder if some of it comes as some sort of post-diagnosis release. Have you looked into spoon theory?

• I wonder if some of it is down to becoming deconditioned during lockdown to a world which was more suitable.

This would make so much sense. I guess as well as the vast difference to the lockdown period some of us enjoyed, there is so much that seems to be going on in the world, one thing after another. 

• My friend gave me good advice. Stick to your own little bubble of work, family, pets,  friends, colleagues. The world is too big and complicated for our primitive brains.

• I share your concerns.  Humanity eh?  It was fun whilst it lasted. 

Reply Children
No Data