Autistic fatigue?

Hello im new here, my name is Gareth, 41 years old, I was diagnosed in 2020 just before pandemic hit. Fun times. Grinning

Every few months I have been hitting a wall in terms of energy levels, I enjoy working out as part of my routine and when these energy dips happen it can take a few weeks for them to return to normal.

Ive just heard about autistic fatigue and was wondering if anybody else has experience of this in regards to their energy levels?

Thanks

Parents
  • Sorry to hear this, I usually have real bad fatigue after a burnout, the past few weeks I have been very emotional, overloaded with sense, lots going on, and found myself sleeping more than I usually do. I had a huge burnout and meltdown on Monday, and yesterday I was knackered. I was asleep by 8pm and slept right through til 9am this morning. My partner asked me this morning and I tried to explain why I went to bed so early but it’s hard to explain what a burnout is like and the fatigue that comes with and follows. Just lots of rest, water and music helps me but is a quick fix, need to find something longer term. 

• Sorry to hear this, I usually have real bad fatigue after a burnout, the past few weeks I have been very emotional, overloaded with sense, lots going on, and found myself sleeping more than I usually do. I had a huge burnout and meltdown on Monday, and yesterday I was knackered. I was asleep by 8pm and slept right through til 9am this morning. My partner asked me this morning and I tried to explain why I went to bed so early but it’s hard to explain what a burnout is like and the fatigue that comes with and follows. Just lots of rest, water and music helps me but is a quick fix, need to find something longer term. 

Children
  • Hello 85361 - I am Number.  Good to meet you.  You are very welcome here and I hope to see you on the pages for a while......there are lots of "yous" in this place.....and yet none.

• I usually sleep longer than twelve hours after exhaustion.

I'm currently at my friend's house - staying overnight, tonight, as my electricity will be off tomorrow for essential maintenance - and his brother is sleeping in the spare room; possibly until the evening time. I had some Autistic Fatigue after driving him to Draperstown, and back, on a dodgy road with blind hairpins; a truck was behind me, too.