Autistic fatigue?

Hello im new here, my name is Gareth, 41 years old, I was diagnosed in 2020 just before pandemic hit. Fun times. Grinning

Every few months I have been hitting a wall in terms of energy levels, I enjoy working out as part of my routine and when these energy dips happen it can take a few weeks for them to return to normal.

Ive just heard about autistic fatigue and was wondering if anybody else has experience of this in regards to their energy levels?

Thanks

Parents
  • I'm often tired for no obvious reason. I don't think it's entirely a physical thing as I feel fantastic while I'm running alone listening to my music, for example, although I have learned that I need to eat more than I think I do after running and have plenty of sodium and potassium to recover. Apart from that, cutting back on social stuff and having a few quiet evenings in bed with a book is the best remedy.

I have a history of people telling me it's actually depression and I need to do MORE social stuff to remedy it, which definitely does not work! That approach is guaranteed to drive me into a meltdown.

• I'm often tired for no obvious reason. I don't think it's entirely a physical thing as I feel fantastic while I'm running alone listening to my music, for example, although I have learned that I need to eat more than I think I do after running and have plenty of sodium and potassium to recover. Apart from that, cutting back on social stuff and having a few quiet evenings in bed with a book is the best remedy.

I have a history of people telling me it's actually depression and I need to do MORE social stuff to remedy it, which definitely does not work! That approach is guaranteed to drive me into a meltdown.

Children
No Data