Introvert or Extrovert?

Or do those terms not really apply to us as part of the autism diagnosis includes difficulties with communication?

A response on this forum prompted me to think: are you an extrovert then?

Most people here appear to be introverts - however, does this just go back to autism?

Years ago I did the Myers-Briggs test and I came out as an INFJ (Advocate).

I seem to remember this was the rarest profile and my autistic friend was the same.

A link below for anyone interested:

https://www.16personalities.com/infj-personality

So, if there was a choice between actually meeting a real person in real life or just an image of their face on a computer screen, the screen would win hands down for me!

How do you perceive yourself and do you think the term is relevant as we are autistic?

Parents
  • I'm an introvert for sure. 

I'm beginning to understand more a lot of the lifelong problems I've had with verbal communication. I believe I inhabit a sort of middle area between verbal and non verbal autistic people. I much prefer to communicate in written form, by email, text, etc. 

I'm much more chatty on here than I've ever been in real life. However not as much as some others. I believe that introvert or extrovert traits can exist independently of autism.

I did that personality test a while ago and I'm ISTJ-T, a Logistician.

• Practical
    • Honest and direct
    • Independent
    • Driven
    • Dependable

Typical behaviours include:

• Making lists
    • Sticking to routines
    • Perfectionism
    • Seeing everything they begin through to the end 

Hates include:

• Doing a subpar job 
    • Working without a clear structure 
    • Dealing with emotional matters 
    • Not getting enough alone time 
    • Dishonesty
  • I'm an introvert for sure. 

I'm beginning to understand more a lot of the lifelong problems I've had with verbal communication. I believe I inhabit a sort of middle area between verbal and non verbal autistic people. I much prefer to communicate in written form, by email, text, etc. 

I'm much more chatty on here than I've ever been in real life. However not as much as some others. I believe that introvert or extrovert traits can exist independently of autism.

I did that personality test a while ago and I'm ISTJ-T, a Logistician.

• Practical
    • Honest and direct
    • Independent
    • Driven
    • Dependable

Typical behaviours include:

• Making lists
    • Sticking to routines
    • Perfectionism
    • Seeing everything they begin through to the end 

Hates include:

• Doing a subpar job