What is that feeling?

I've always thought that I suffered from panic attacks. Usually in a stressful situation that I can't leave, like a form of claustrophobia.

But recently, when confronting my issues with this response I've started using earplugs in very busy places, and putting them in or taking them out feels almost like a switch to turn the panic on & off.

So, is this a meltdown I am describing, or in fact a panic attack? Do they seem the same to you? Can you differentiate between the two?

Parents
  • I don't really get meltdowns, but my understanding is that "meltdown" isn't really a technical term, it's just a colloquial term for an extreme panic attack caused by emotional or sensory overload. Certainly the few I've had have been like that. But I'm prepared to be corrected on this!

• I don't really get meltdowns, but my understanding is that "meltdown" isn't really a technical term, it's just a colloquial term for an extreme panic attack caused by emotional or sensory overload. Certainly the few I've had have been like that. But I'm prepared to be corrected on this!

Children
No Data