How to start an Asperger’s group. Any advice?

Depending on how things go I’m either going to move soon or not. If not … well I already know there is nothing for high functioning autistic adults where I live. If I do move I’ll be in a new place and there is a good chance there will still be no social groups for high functioning autistic adults there either. Plus there will be no support network of family etc if I move.

so they say be the change you want to see. Can anyone advise me on the logistics of setting up a support / social group of high functioning autistic adults?

i imagine the big issues will be resources. Especially getting a venue and putting out PR. Has anyone done anything like this and could lend some pointers?

Parents
  • … I appreciate you’re probably trying to add a bit of light hearted humour but that’s not very helpful on a practical level.

• I slightly disagree.

It was a combo throwaway humorous quip and also a deep insight into the problem that you face when organising Autists. We aren't as simple as "provide a thing and they will come". That is a very practical consideration indeed.

And you might find that "meetup" who certainly run a very enthusiastic group in my area, have it already covered in your area. Ours has zoom and face to face meetups and all sorts.

But every week here I run a selected film for those who I imagine might enjoy such a brief diversion from partial or even total social isolation, if you get my drift.

I thought I'd be swamped, but it has not been the case... 

• I am trying an new experimental 19:30 (7:30PM) slot tomorrow (Sunday) evening.

For any Trekkies who have missed seeing "Galaxy Quest"  before, this should be an enjoyable one..

Reply Children
No Data