Any other twice-exceptional people here?

2E means you re intellectually gifted as well as having some sort of neurodiversity aka ASD, ADHD, dyslexia etc. I am AUADHD myself and always been above average in academics. Most people seem to think I'm very capable of handling myself but I really struggle with day-to-day tasks. I am completely timeblind so rely on my outlook calendar and auditory reminders for events. I also have a hard time interacting around neurotypical people as I can't seem to relate to them. Small talk drives me crazy Joy. The feeling that I don't really belong makes me feel depressed and anxious. However, I know that I am actually in quite a decent place, have stable income and I have very supportive parents (can't say that for the rest of my family though!) I just want to feel less alone.

Parents
  • There was no such thing when I  was in school. I've had people call me a 'genius', but also people tell me that my 'low IQ' doesn't make me a bad person. I've been involved with the Facebook high IQ community since March 2020.   I first saw a pdoc in late 1973, and was first hospitalised in May 1975.  Most of my psych dxes have been within a 'psychosis spectrum' . Mainly schizoaffective or schizophrenia. I wasn't diagnosed with ASD(Asperger's) till May 2019. I never had a paid job, and am now a pensioner. I fell between two stools job potential wise. More brain than brawn , but not up to a high pressure, high stress,office job. Manual/practical skills nowhere near good enough for employment in a factory etc.

Several attempts have been made to get me to pursue further education, but I've refrained from doing so. That's been because of 'bullying related trauma'. Hence I just have 6 O levels. I now have several physical health issues on top of the severe mental illness and autism.

• There was no such thing when I  was in school. I've had people call me a 'genius', but also people tell me that my 'low IQ' doesn't make me a bad person. I've been involved with the Facebook high IQ community since March 2020.   I first saw a pdoc in late 1973, and was first hospitalised in May 1975.  Most of my psych dxes have been within a 'psychosis spectrum' . Mainly schizoaffective or schizophrenia. I wasn't diagnosed with ASD(Asperger's) till May 2019. I never had a paid job, and am now a pensioner. I fell between two stools job potential wise. More brain than brawn , but not up to a high pressure, high stress,office job. Manual/practical skills nowhere near good enough for employment in a factory etc.

Several attempts have been made to get me to pursue further education, but I've refrained from doing so. That's been because of 'bullying related trauma'. Hence I just have 6 O levels. I now have several physical health issues on top of the severe mental illness and autism.

Children
No Data