Any other twice-exceptional people here?

2E means you re intellectually gifted as well as having some sort of neurodiversity aka ASD, ADHD, dyslexia etc. I am AUADHD myself and always been above average in academics. Most people seem to think I'm very capable of handling myself but I really struggle with day-to-day tasks. I am completely timeblind so rely on my outlook calendar and auditory reminders for events. I also have a hard time interacting around neurotypical people as I can't seem to relate to them. Small talk drives me crazy Joy. The feeling that I don't really belong makes me feel depressed and anxious. However, I know that I am actually in quite a decent place, have stable income and I have very supportive parents (can't say that for the rest of my family though!) I just want to feel less alone.

Parents
  • Me, I went for tests and was told I was way above average. 

However I struggled with spelling and still do, but I have came up with ways to help with that. 

The one thing that irritates  me is that my vocabulary should be way more broader, complex and sophisticated than it is. I can communicate well, and get my points across but I lack putting in big words to essays unless I look up a simpler word's thesaurus. I think that if I had not worked a lot up into my adult hood and even now after my postgraduate that I would have had a very simple vocab about a 13 year old. I have worked very hard at it. 

I am planning to watch more Neil Oliver on CBN as he has a colourful array of wonderful words at his fingertips (that is just a metaphor guys : I am imagining some that will take that literally imagine if he did have that on his actual fingertips lol). 

And I intend to read more books but read then with my eyes but have them also playing as a talking book on audible so that I can learn to pronounce the words better, practice and keep a word notebook with all the words I want to put into my own vocab along wiht a note of their meaning and how they are used. I just want to have the ability to talk with more nuanced and better words.

Neil used the word Pollymath today, I looked that up as I did not know what it is, it was great to learn that, it saves from writing a big huge sentence one can just use the word Pollymath. 

• Me, I went for tests and was told I was way above average. 

However I struggled with spelling and still do, but I have came up with ways to help with that. 

The one thing that irritates  me is that my vocabulary should be way more broader, complex and sophisticated than it is. I can communicate well, and get my points across but I lack putting in big words to essays unless I look up a simpler word's thesaurus. I think that if I had not worked a lot up into my adult hood and even now after my postgraduate that I would have had a very simple vocab about a 13 year old. I have worked very hard at it. 

I am planning to watch more Neil Oliver on CBN as he has a colourful array of wonderful words at his fingertips (that is just a metaphor guys : I am imagining some that will take that literally imagine if he did have that on his actual fingertips lol). 

And I intend to read more books but read then with my eyes but have them also playing as a talking book on audible so that I can learn to pronounce the words better, practice and keep a word notebook with all the words I want to put into my own vocab along wiht a note of their meaning and how they are used. I just want to have the ability to talk with more nuanced and better words.

Neil used the word Pollymath today, I looked that up as I did not know what it is, it was great to learn that, it saves from writing a big huge sentence one can just use the word Pollymath. 

Children
No Data