Any other twice-exceptional people here?

2E means you re intellectually gifted as well as having some sort of neurodiversity aka ASD, ADHD, dyslexia etc. I am AUADHD myself and always been above average in academics. Most people seem to think I'm very capable of handling myself but I really struggle with day-to-day tasks. I am completely timeblind so rely on my outlook calendar and auditory reminders for events. I also have a hard time interacting around neurotypical people as I can't seem to relate to them. Small talk drives me crazy Joy. The feeling that I don't really belong makes me feel depressed and anxious. However, I know that I am actually in quite a decent place, have stable income and I have very supportive parents (can't say that for the rest of my family though!) I just want to feel less alone.

Parents
  • There’s a possibility my IQ is around 125+ it just depends how focused/interested I am while sitting a test. I also think I may be neurodiverse and am currently in the processes of an ADHD assessment from a GP referral.  

A lot of what you have wrote is relatable! I was also awful in regards to school barely passed most of my subjects, probably due to lack of revision and applying myself. 15 years later and I’m slowly getting myself to a better place in life. 

• There’s a possibility my IQ is around 125+ it just depends how focused/interested I am while sitting a test. I also think I may be neurodiverse and am currently in the processes of an ADHD assessment from a GP referral.  

A lot of what you have wrote is relatable! I was also awful in regards to school barely passed most of my subjects, probably due to lack of revision and applying myself. 15 years later and I’m slowly getting myself to a better place in life. 

Children
No Data