Employed or self employed

Since being diagnosed with autism my head been whirling about everything especially about employment.   I have had terrible experiences with jobs in the past with only one being a positive experience in employment.  I am currently registered as self-employed with  my freelance writing but I need to get into regular routine again but I feel I need to get a job again as it would give more structure to my day again. I don't know what to do if I should do both self employed and employed so confused as before lockdown I was in university and it gave me structure.  

Really need some advice? 

Parents
  • I always worked in  officers for years when i first left school. It was ok but there were times i struggled with office life as everyone chatted about things they'd done, and made plans for nights out. I didn't know at the time, but the more i've discovered, i think it was this bl00dy autism. After being  made redundant i had a go at selling double glazing, door-to-door. That was terrible having to go into peoples houses and get them to buy. Our bosses told us, unless you're in someone house at least  3hrs tring to convince them to sign, you're not doing your job right. Finally, almost by accident, i started driving a taxi. Most of the time i quite enjoyed. I was self-employed with no set hours, i could come and go as i pleased. And mostly having loads of different passengers in the Cab, didn't  upset my autism 'cos i knew they'd be getting out in 5mins and i'd never have to see them again.  After i finished on the Cabs i looked into doing something online. I thought of some sort of writing, i told myself, you can do that, you know know writing has to start with a capital letter and end with a full stop. I think the autism helps, i can be chatty, and i'll write as if i'm talking.

• I always worked in  officers for years when i first left school. It was ok but there were times i struggled with office life as everyone chatted about things they'd done, and made plans for nights out. I didn't know at the time, but the more i've discovered, i think it was this bl00dy autism. After being  made redundant i had a go at selling double glazing, door-to-door. That was terrible having to go into peoples houses and get them to buy. Our bosses told us, unless you're in someone house at least  3hrs tring to convince them to sign, you're not doing your job right. Finally, almost by accident, i started driving a taxi. Most of the time i quite enjoyed. I was self-employed with no set hours, i could come and go as i pleased. And mostly having loads of different passengers in the Cab, didn't  upset my autism 'cos i knew they'd be getting out in 5mins and i'd never have to see them again.  After i finished on the Cabs i looked into doing something online. I thought of some sort of writing, i told myself, you can do that, you know know writing has to start with a capital letter and end with a full stop. I think the autism helps, i can be chatty, and i'll write as if i'm talking.

Children
No Data