Stomach trouble

As an artist I also have many artist friends, many of whom I suspect would fit the diagnostic criteria for ASC.

The majority of those same people experience anxiety & stomach issues (IBS, IBD, etc).

So, this thread asks: Do any of you not get stomach issues every day/week?

...because I suspect this might be an interesting commonality between us all on the spectrum?

Could the difficulties we have to navigate day to day be interrupting our 'gut-brain-axis' and so be an easy to spot sign of an autistic person?

Sounds random now I write it, but I'm curious

Parents
  • Autistics (Au) tend to Sense-Perceive dangerous elements before Allistics do. A theory in psychoanalysis is either a design function or difference in the ability to Dull the Senses. Every time you hear about Resilience or Adaptability, or even dismissing someone who feels a sensory assault by their environment, it reinforces this theory. There's a reason behind it that creates a type of tribe-inclusion function. This would be fine if the Autistic were respected as someone with a potential to sense-perceive dangerous elements, but that's not often the case. There are many things which take time to cause cancer or death, and often it's a slow progression, like never wearing sunblock or consuming too much alcohol and not heeding ones biological warnings.

From what I've read and am still trying to work out, I have a sinking *feeling* we'll eventually say the same thing about certain GMOs and agriculture crops. Changing the skin of an apple so it's resistant to a bug can create a structure problem for human teeth and saliva. Crops are only tested against environmental factors when modified, never against human digestion. Just some things to think about. 

• Autistics (Au) tend to Sense-Perceive dangerous elements before Allistics do. A theory in psychoanalysis is either a design function or difference in the ability to Dull the Senses. Every time you hear about Resilience or Adaptability, or even dismissing someone who feels a sensory assault by their environment, it reinforces this theory. There's a reason behind it that creates a type of tribe-inclusion function. This would be fine if the Autistic were respected as someone with a potential to sense-perceive dangerous elements, but that's not often the case. There are many things which take time to cause cancer or death, and often it's a slow progression, like never wearing sunblock or consuming too much alcohol and not heeding ones biological warnings.

From what I've read and am still trying to work out, I have a sinking *feeling* we'll eventually say the same thing about certain GMOs and agriculture crops. Changing the skin of an apple so it's resistant to a bug can create a structure problem for human teeth and saliva. Crops are only tested against environmental factors when modified, never against human digestion. Just some things to think about. 

Children